When working on making our site accessible, the main point of reference are the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
We strive to make our site as accessible as possible without a dedicated accessibility team. We are using the A11Y project’s checklist as reference:
Audit your application step-by-step in an interactive mode.
You can flexibly toggle each section. Once you finish with the improvement, click on the checkbox to mark it as done.
The progress will persist on refresh or closing the page (as it's saved in local storage).
Here is a list of tools used to test accessibility:
- Axe browser extension: open_in_new Opens in a new tabhttps://www.deque.com/axe/
- Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool: open_in_new Opens in a new tabhttps://wave.webaim.org/extension/
- Google Lighthouse: open_in_new Opens in a new tabhttps://developers.google.com/web/tools/lighthouse
- NVA screen reader (Windows): open_in_new Opens in a new tabhttps://www.nvaccess.org/download/
- Voice Over: open_in_new Opens in a new tabhttps://www.apple.com/accessibility/vision/